Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default I LOVE THERMAL MASS

On 26/07/2019 21:46, ARW wrote:
On 26/07/2019 20:47, ARW wrote:
Outside: 36°C
Inside: 28°C

:-)

Hands up those that do not have a thermometer and just opened the
back windows when they got in from work to "let some air in"?

My hoouse stat tells nme inside tem[ps and I have a mercutry
termotere as part of a vinateg barometer

Outsode I use lakenheath, mildenhall or Cambridge airfields via th
linux weather app to see whats what

Such unneeded effort IMHO as there there is not much you can do about
it:-)

1. I know when it is hot
2. People in the street tell you it is hot (the same pillocks that
tell you when it is raining)
3. Weather forecasts tell you when it will be hot.
4. It would be a **** of a job to change the thermal mass of my house.

Actually simply casting a big concrete block inside the house would do it

Or even planting some deciduous trees to stop/reduce the solar gain in
summer.