*CBHVAC*

Default A/C fan motor capacitors

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
My dad called and has 2 air conditioners with bad capacitors. I dunno,
maybe a surge took them out. He lives way out in the country and the

power
is pretty dirty.

One of the capacitors is a 10uF/35uF 370V motor run capacitor, with 3
terminals. Where's the cheapest place to buy replacement motor

capacitors?
I've never seen a dual run capacitor before; it sounds expensive. The
air conditioner can be replaced for much less than $200, so it wouldn't
make sense to pay a lot for the capacitor. I'm not sure what his budget
is, I'll guess $20 to $25. Any idea where to buy something like this? He
says the local hardware store has 370V capacitors, but no duals, and none
that go up to 35uF. An appliance repair place said they thought they

could
get one for about $40.

I guess you see where I get my cheapskateness (at least I came by it
honestly, LOL)

Thanks, regards,
Bob

Cheapest place isnt where you are at...and I wont tell you what we pay for
them here since Johnstone would look high...but Johnstone is the place for
the average price.

You could...wire in two singles for less than the dual....but it would have
to be done correctly, and not like Stormin Moron will tell you to...