Andy Asberry

Default Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers?

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:39:21 -0700, George Wenzel
wrote:

In article , oxgourd-
says...
There is certainly no defense for what Home Depot did.

I agree, but what about the customer. Surely the customer has to take
SOME responsibility for checking items upon delivery, and making sure
what was ordered is the same as what was delivered?

Regards,

George Wenzel

You can't just go by the labels and bar codes on the packaging.

My wife bought a dishwasher from HD for our new house. They delivered
it. I checked the model number and color on the unopened box. When I
started to install it the next day, there was pipe dope on the
plumbing connection and no drain hose end or interior packing.. I
called her to tell her I thought it was used. In the course of
conversation, she mentioned something about the push buttons and
indicator lights. Well, the one I 'm looking at has a single knob; no
buttons or lights. The model number on the attached metal tag didn't
match what we had bought.

The HD store manager was pretty skeptical when I explained what I had.
Evidently someone had switched dish washers. They did a good job of
gluing the box back. I suspect he thought I was the one who switched
them. They did exchange it.

And for the OP. Why do they sell a sink for which no faucet is
available? What brand sink?