Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Doorknob in MIDDLE of door

posted for all of us...

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 09:02:56 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

If you watch the comedy movie "Dunston Checks In", the movie takes place in a hotel and every doorknob is in the center of the doors. Very "anatomically" incorrect and difficult to open if it swings toward you lol.

It was a fad for a while but I think it may be waning as those
mechanisms start causing trouble.
My wife had a few customers ordering doors like that when she was
building houses. .

Yeah, it was a fad. The only time I have ever seen them is on the old TV
shows. Must have had fun drilling the latch...

--
Tekkie