gina

Default Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling consistently

Turtle, no ice, mom had me looking for that because her up/down unit
had done it once. I did let it thaw though, let everything get warm. I
thought maybe something that was transferring the air around was
frozen or something.

Jim - I think you're onto something. I tapped the dial in the freezer
- it came on, for like 5 seconds and shut back off. Tapped it again,
same thing.... Thank you so much. Now, any recommendations where to
get whatever I need to fix this? I think I read that the FREEZER
control is the one that is important, it affects both the fridge and
the freezer, and the fridge one only affects the fridge.

Looks like if I take the ice maker out I can use a tiny socket to
loosen that plastic housing up. I'm assuming it's in there, as the
whole thing seems kind of loose. The two things that turn the light on
and off are also sticking out of that housing, so I don't know what
I'll find. Looks like some other indentations in it that I can't see
far enough into to see if it's a screwdriver thing or not. Wiggling it
does seem to kick start it though. Thank you so much.

Damn this stuff is frustrating. I just packaged up more stuff to put
in the chest freezer while I'm gone overnight.

BTw, How do you guys subscribe to this group and use the fake emails?
I'm going through google right now.