jeff

Default Whirlpool Washer Problem.

"TURTLE" wrote in message ...

Hi,

i have a Whirlpool Washing machine Standard with 3 or 4 different wash cycles , No digital but just regular type, and big / med /
small load selector and large capasity model. It's about 7 or 8 years old and had a new timer and water pump put on it about 1 year
ago. It worked good up till today. It just stopped doing anything at all. then i tried it again this evening and it will start to
let the water fill the tub for about 1 to 3 second and then stop all together. You push it back in and pull it back out and it will
start to fill for about 1 to 3 second and then stop doing anything. I said to myself well I'll call my washer machine man in the
morning to come see. I slammed the lide down on it to give it something to think about. The Damn thing went back to working and runs
like a charm now. i run 2 loads of clothes now and it is running real good. Here is my questions.

1) Do i still call my washer machine man to look at it ?

If it broke once chances are it will break/quit again, but I'd hold
off until the symptoms come back again.

2) Do i wait till it quiets again ?

Yes...JMO!

3) Just buy a Model that you don't have to slam the lide on to make it run ?

No!!

4) Do you just have to slam the lide on washer every 7 years or so ?

That helps tell the washer whom is the boss, but normally speaking no.

5) How often should you change washers and drier out ? both are Whilpool.

Depends on what happens to them or the cost of repair, most will last
10-12 years or so.

It just stopped doing anything at all. then i tried it again this evening and it will start to
let the water fill the tub for about 1 to 3 second and then stop all
together. You push it back in and pull it back out and it will
start to fill for about 1 to 3 second and then stop doing anything.

Intermittant problems are the worst!! The lid switch -normally- will
not stop the filling or agitation from working, it *will* stop the
drain outs and spins. Make sure no buttons or switchs are inbetween
any settings and that they are set on an acual setting/spot.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/