Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Outside temperature sensor housing

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 7/22/2019 4:33 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Anybody have any ideas on how to make one. It needs to be open to the air
but not allow rain in. It also needs to be able to pass the radio signal to
the inside receiver.

Can you just mount it under an eave? In my last house I put it under
the deck that is 8' off the ground.

No, cannot get that high. I have it mounted under the outside deck joist but
it does not face North so the sun affects it.

My new system is Accurite and the outdoor system is mounted on a piece
of 1" emt I drove into the ground. Of course it measures rain so no
need for a cover.

--
Tekkie