Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Air Pressure Regulators Revisited

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 08:30:36 -0500, gray_wolf
wrote:

On 7/24/2019 8:12 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Well, the IR regulator blew out again yesterday.* Took me mere minutes to swap
out to the new one I ordered from McMaster Carr.* I am so glad I put a shut off
valve right on the tank so I don't have to drain it to work on my air lines.

McMaster doesn't like to tell you what brand they are going to send you, but the
paper work with the regulator says its a Norgren.* I've never even seen Norgren
before, but that name sounds familiar.* So, will I be replacing it again in less
than a year or is it likely to be a better quality regulator.* It wasn't much
more expensive than the IR regulator. *Maybe $10 difference.

IIRC I saw some Norgren regulators on CO2 tanks in the soda fountain trade in
the '50s

Within the area of pneumatic motion, Norgren offers tried and tested
products such as cylinders, actuators, airline preparation, fittings
and valves. Proven brands including Lintra, Excelon, Pneufit,
Martonair, Enots and Herion make Norgren’s pneumatic motion portfolio
one of the strongest in the industry. Their strengths are in
applications within sectors such as commercial vehicle, rail,
automotive, automation, food production, packaging and printing.