Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Basic automotive headlight bulbs

On 07/23/2019 11:36 PM, Xeno wrote:
If the vehicle is offered ex-factory with a towbar option, it is highly
likely that the solution is built in already and there is a plug
provided for the purpose. That is certainly the case for my friend's
ML320 Benz - the wiring harness breakout point was already provided, and
compensated for in the circuitry, but the actual point was *hidden*
requiring removal of the rear bumper in order to access the hatch behind
which the plug was located. The funny thing was that everyone was
resorting to inelegant aftermarket solution not realising the solution
was right under their noses.

Yeah, my F150 had a connector and the harness had a Tee fitting. Open
the connector, put the Tee in place, and plug the harness into the Tee.

As for the utility of towing a trailer behind a Yaris, I would suggest
that it is not worthwhile given the difference between the tare weight
of a minimum spec trailer and the maximum gross loading that the car is
capable of towing.

I've got a little flatbed trailer and the intent was to be able to
transport something back from town if need be. For serious work I've got
the F150.

Or I could make it clear the Yaris is not a girlie car;

http://www.hitchcorner.com/bull_balls.htm

I'd have to be careful that my balls didn't drag...