Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Converting energy meter readings

On 23/07/2019 20:21, Jim S wrote:
The last 3 energy companies I have used have the yearly kWh estimates
seperate for gas/electric, this info is available from your Bill.
The estimates are reasonably accurate and unlikely to alter the kWh
pricing.

I've been with OVO for about 6 years. They were no help telling me what I
have used in kWH and their online website and/or chatline are singularly
unhelpful. They wanted to up my bill by ~30%
I've jumped ship as I have no leaving fee to pay AND they owe me about £200

I was with Ovo a couple of years back and then they had an estimate on
the bill for kWh usage, at that time I found them ok but switched for
cheaper fuel costs.

When you leave a utility company they will generally continue to take
your dd until the final bill is finalised this can take up to 6 weeks as
the readings have to be verified by a 3rd party as dictated by Ofgem.
I know it is a pain but you wont pay for the same fuel twice, it does
balance out.

Upping the dd payment is normally irrelevent as it is linked to your
usage (based on average consumption) it is the overall package that
counts ie cost per kWh and daily charge.