Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Converting energy meter readings

On Tuesday, 23 July 2019 12:22:59 UTC+1, NY wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Jim S wrote:

I want to use a comparison site to, well, compare energy suppliers.
I know my total meter readings for the year, but I want to convert to
kWh.

Multiplying m^3 by 11.2 will give you fag packet kWh

The 11.2 is arrived at by multiplying the atmospheric correction factor,
and the calorific value, if you want better accuracy use the values which
should be on your gas statement.

And make sure that your meter is reading m^3 rather than ft^3. In the latter
case, the conversion factor is about 31.

It's weird that the conversion factor from m^3 to ft^3 is only 2.8, because
you'd expect it to be roughly 9 (very roughly 3 feet in a metre, then cube
that).

There are approx. 35.3 cu.ft in a cu meter.

Cubing 3 gives 27.
Arithmetic is not your strong point then?