Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default Outside temperature sensor housing

On 7/22/2019 3:33 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Anybody have any ideas on how to make one. It needs to be open to the air
but not allow rain in. It also needs to be able to pass the radio signal to
the inside receiver.

Mine doesn't keep the rain out, but so far it is working fine.
And as far as the rain is concerned the sensor has worked
fine through a horribly rainy Spring.

My sensor is hung on the trunk of a tree. I then took a
trash can and cut the bottom off and slit it down one side.
Then I spread it open and screwed it to the tree trunk
around the sensor. A large bucket would probably work
just as well. I chose a white one so it would tend to
reflect the sun. My temperature now tends to follow the
temperature reported on the news.

Bill