Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default Water Accumulation in Bottom of Frigidaire Refrigerator

SNIP
NOTE: Freezer is on top of refrigerator

, Thinking LOGICALLY, if a drain in the FREEZER was clogged, why isn't the
water (becomes ice) collecting in the FREEZER since it CAN NOT drain???

How is the water getting into the refrigerator with a clogged drain in the
freezer. Note: The freezer is on top of the refrigerator.

UPDATE:

I think I know what is the cause. The drain hose may be blocked up.

The drain hose is connected in the back of the "contraption" at
the top, in center, of the refrige. There is a small gap between the back
wall and back of "contraption". I can see the drain hose where it is
connected. The water must be backing up into this assembly ("contraption")
that holds the defrost timer, etc.

The freezer drain drips into a compartment in this "contraption", and
then goes down into the drain hose via an outlet port. Also possible,
the port is blocked?

FINAL UPDATE:

I added an extension hose to end of drain hose so I could use compressed
air (in an air tank) to "blow out" any blockage in the drain hose plus the
drain port where hose is connected to overhead assembly in fridge.

Now it looks like it "worked", because the next day, I see a large
area in the drain "pan" (bottom of fridge) that was dusty, is wet.

John