Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supercapacitors

formulated the question :
If your figures are correct it's simple to work out how long it'll keep it
remembering for. Others have explained.

Yes, I am well aware of that - it was the self discharge I was stuck
on, I had no figures and no experience of.

My tests suggest it will do the job more than adequately. The spec. of
the IC says that when it fails to be maintained by its backup battery,
it defaults to an entry code of 0 (a single press of the zero button).
Simple plan is to disable zero button and not use a zero in the access
code. I have other ways to get in, if the code lock fails.