Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default Cutting into a tennis ball

On 7/21/19 11:20 PM, Xeno wrote:
On 22/7/19 3:58 am, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 09:56:06 -0400, Gary wrote:

wrote:

Need to cut an 1.5" X into 96 tennis balls. (To attach to classroom
chair legs, if you must know ;-)

Why not just buy those sticky felt pads for the chair legs?
Available at any hardware store in various sizes. Using half
tennis balls sounds a bit silly to me. Never seen that done in
any classroom or house with hardwood floors.

Â*Â* because the felt pads don't stay on.

Buy decent quality pads and clean the bottom face of the legs before
application will see them stay on for a long time. I did some 6 years
ago and only now I notice a couple have become dislodged.

Some time ago the school retrofitted all the chairs in the classrooms
with this "snap cap & slide"
https://www.shifflerequip.com/stock-...er-glides.aspx

It wasn't long before the plastic snaps started to break, resulting in a
wobbly chair. (never under estimate the power of a 7th grader to break
anything labeled "unbreakable ;-)

Also there are many available things that try to address the issue
(see https://www.schoolfix.com/chair-desk-glides.html )

but the consensus among actual classroom teachers around here seems to
be the tennis ball is best.