Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Cutting into a tennis ball- DECIDED ON METHOD

Those skinny things with the break-off blades are meant
for cutting the tape to open cartons - not for much more.
John T.

Even for that I find them suspect. Set the blade low on the utility
knife and you get the same effect with a much better grip. I have a few
of the large utility knives around here and they are the only ones I use.

Store clerks or warehouse workers often carry a little
belt-clip-holster - just a small comfortable thing that can be worn
all day, every day - pen, 2-ended Sharpie marker, 6 inch rule,
small tape measure, and one of those box cutters ..
I hated the tiny skinny ones - more difficult to hang on to -
hence more dangerous. This model gives a better grip ..

http://tinyurl.com/yxp8hsxb

Won't break the bank when you mis-place it, either.
ps : you __will__ misplace it !
John T.