Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supercapacitors

explained on 22/07/2019 :
He can't. First it's necessary to know V_min for continued remembering and
what v the cap charges to. I don't suppose he knows those figures.

V_min is 3v, V_max is 6v, but it will have and charge the supercap to a
rail of 5v. I'm thinking connect the supercap directly across the rail.
I'm just trying to avoid the need to introduce a battery for backing up
the settings. Its a UA3730, I am trying to repurpose as a code entry
lock system, on my garages side entrance - my original code lock has
become unreliable and lacking a circuit, I have not been able to work
out why..