Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Cutting into a tennis ball- DECIDED ON METHOD

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 13:26:43 +1000, Xeno
wrote:

On 22/7/19 1:02 pm, rbowman wrote:
On 07/21/2019 01:06 PM, wrote:
Thanks for the tip.. Right now using this Stanley model because we have
a handful of them that were donated to the class by Stanley. It does
appear that this exact model may be discontinued as we could not find it
at any local retailer. Blades yes, handles no, but we should not need
any handles for awhile. There is a very similar metal version.

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/ho...ty-knife-blade

One of those snap off deals? Well, if you've got a supply of them go for
it. I've got one in the drawer but it falls into that gap between not
being as sturdy as the classic retractable utility knife and not as
precise as an X-Acto #11. It sounded like a good idea at the time.

Yes, I find them decidedly more risky in use. I prefer the old reliable
Stanley utility knife.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_knife

Those skinny things with the break-off blades are meant
for cutting the tape to open cartons - not for much more.
John T.