Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default Cutting into a tennis ball

On 22/7/19 3:58 am, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 09:56:06 -0400, Gary wrote:

wrote:

Need to cut an 1.5" X into 96 tennis balls. (To attach to classroom
chair legs, if you must know ;-)

Why not just buy those sticky felt pads for the chair legs?
Available at any hardware store in various sizes. Using half
tennis balls sounds a bit silly to me. Never seen that done in
any classroom or house with hardwood floors.

because the felt pads don't stay on.

Buy decent quality pads and clean the bottom face of the legs before
application will see them stay on for a long time. I did some 6 years
ago and only now I notice a couple have become dislodged.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)