Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Supercapacitors

Erm what is wrong with a good old battery like the ones in computers for the
comes?

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
I've never used a supercap before, though I have had one kicking about
here for a long time, a 5v 1 Farad. I have an old code entry lock, which I
am looking to install, which runs on 5v and needs a battery to maintain
its code memory at 5uA.

I don't expect the mains supply to ever be off for long, but with no
supply at all available to the lock, it reverts to a not very secure entry
code of '0'.

Would the cap do the job? Anyone any experience of using them?