Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Receiver troubles - no sound is output

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Jul 2019 06:54:21 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

I can not get my receiver to output sound to the speakers.

It did before.

The tuner does not work, or the DVD, etc.

https://imgur.com/JAOleCD

Any ideas what to try?

Thanks,
Andy

Speaker fuses? Either with access covers in the back or after you take
the cover off.

Speaker selection switch. I have a very expensive table radio, the
only one outside of the car that gets WAMU and C-Span radio well**, both
about 40 miles from here. It's about 34 years old and has a button to
switch from stereo to monaural, or something like that, and for the last
4 years, it I touch the button, it might lose sound. It's getting worse
and when it's messed up, about twice a year, I have to touch it just
right to get it to work again. Eventually I'll open it up and bypass
solder the switch in one position.

Also the on/off button is touchy. If I don't touch it right, it
responsds twice, off then on again, or vice versa. I normally want
the sleep switch anyhow and if that gets touched twice it goes from 60
minutes to 59 left.

**In the office I use the computer for those stations and in the kitchen
I watch TV.