Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default True up small piece of wood

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I want to mount this piece of plywood in such a way
that it is reasonable removable.
I first need to true up the edges of the wood and that
is difficult because of it's small size.
I have a table saw, circular saw, and reciprocating saw.
I would like to avoid the table saw because of its weight and bulk.
How can I true up the wood?
https://imgur.com/iFZFKs8

With the table saw. No other tool you own will do as good a job, as
easily , quickly, and safely, as the table saw with a good fence and a
good miter slide. A sled would be even better, but not a REQUIREMENT

I have no requirement for perfection.
I wonder how craftsman did it before they made table saws?
Andy

How thick is the plywood ? the photo doesn't show that.
1/4 can be cut with a few heavy strokes
on each side with a razor knife. finish up with sandpaper.
Thicker - cut to size with your favourite saw
and finish up with sanding.
An old-timey "craftsman " would use his handsaw -
and it wouldn't require any more true-up.
John T.

Perpendicular - at an angle of 90° to a given line, plane, or surface.