Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default True up small piece of wood

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 15:47:56 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 4:20:33 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:27:52 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

I want to mount this piece of plywood in such a way that it is reasonable removable.

I first need to true up the edges of the wood and that is difficult because of it's small size.

I have a table saw, circular saw, and reciprocating saw.

I would like to avoid the table saw because of its weight and bulk.

How can I true up the wood?

https://imgur.com/iFZFKs8

With the table saw. No other tool you own will do as good a job, as
easily , quickly, and safely, as the table saw with a good fence and a
good miter slide. A sled would be even better, but not a REQUIREMENT

I have no requirement for perfection.

I wonder how craftsman did it before they made table saws?

Andy

If you don't need "perfection" use it as it is. Before table says
they had huge circular saws run off a line-shaft. Before that they had
"pit saws" - and craftesmen who knew how to do things precisely with
hand saws and planes.

Get yourself a set of japanese saws, a square and a pencil.