Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jjhudak4@gmail.com is offline

Default Source of lightning plug

On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 12:07:15 AM UTC-4, Lucifer wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:59:36 -0700 (PDT), three_jeeps
wrote:

I have a few lightning-usb cables that have a damaged lightning plug.
Is there any place to buy just the plug so I can replace the damaged one?

The complete cable is cheap.

Thanks

Yes it is, but they all have the same weak spot which admittedly, can be reinforced but I'd prefer to rebuild mine, if possible.

And yes, I know the difference between 'lightning' and 'Lightning' and 'usb' and 'USB'....and anybody with 1/2 a brain would understand the meaning and context of the question.
And for the pedantic ppl in the crowd, it should properly be cited as 'Apple Lightning (TM) since it is a registered trademark - not simply 'Lightning'....

So that raises a question (since some ppl like to pick 'fly sh*t' out of pepper), if one refers to a knock off Apple Lightning to USB cable, should they properly call it a 'Apple Lightning to USB' cable? a 'Lightning to USB' cable, a 'lightning to USB' cable??? or perhaps a 'bootleg work-a-like Apple Lightning to USB cable'????

I'll let the resident neurotic Phil answer this one since he seems to be most annoyed by the grammar/capitalization rules, and syntax of the phrase..... ....sheesh...