Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Receiver troubles - no sound is output

On 7/20/2019 10:29 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 06:54:21 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

I can not get my receiver to output sound to the speakers.

It did before.

The tuner does not work, or the DVD, etc.

https://imgur.com/JAOleCD

Any ideas what to try?

Thanks,
Andy

The only real chance of fixing this is if it is a bad output selector
switch. That is not unusual tho. I imagine you are going to find the
entire audio output section is an IC on a big heat sink that you can't
find anywhere.
I had one of these on my desk at work (Pioneer) that I just hard wired
to the FM tuner because that switch was bad. It went out with the
trash when they took the office apart after I retired. There is
another one in the shop (Sony) with a bad switch that is probably
going in the trash the next time I purge stuff I am never going to
fix.

That one's new enough that's quite probably the case...

I have an ancient ca. 1969 Kenwood that is solid state but still
individual transistors. The power transistors are still available;
replaced them about 5 year ago now; finding the large electrolytics was
a challenge...a couple I ended up not replacing (or actually went back
to the originals as the new failed very quickly when I just swapped out
all on general principles of being 40 years old...