Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powerline adaptors.

On 20/07/2019 12:00, Martin Brown wrote:
On 20/07/2019 08:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I know, but gradually if they are outlawed they will eventually die.

You mean like CB radio that trashed the 27MHz radio control models did?

CB is way down these days.

27Mhz is still legal for model cars IIRC.

And HF RC has gone away - digital at 2.4Ghz rules the waves and using
MAC addresses instead of channel frequencies you dont have to worry what
channel anyone else is on.

The worst that happens is there is no control for a split second. But
with data rates down as low as 400 bytes/sec, there is generally room
for a lot of planes...

Â* The question is which of the vested interests will win the day. The
people
wanting to still use hf radio, or the companies whoÂ* makeÂ* internet over
power cables devices. Some popular tv boxes now seem to have them
built in
which is a little alarming
Â* Brian

There are comparatively few radio hams remaining on the HF bands
discussing which triode they are using to transmit and what current.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal