Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powerline adaptors.

On 20/07/2019 09:35, Brian Reay wrote:
On 20/07/2019 08:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I know, but gradually if they are outlawed they will eventually die.
Â* The question is which of the vested interests will win the day. The
people
wanting to still use hf radio, or the companies whoÂ* makeÂ* internet over
power cables devices. Some popular tv boxes now seem to have them
built in
which is a little alarming
Â* Brian

Power line adaptors were always a bodge and Wifi soon (largely) replaced
them. Now that Mesh is becoming common place, only a few will remain in
service- probably (and I don't intend this to be pejorative) in
situations where someone, typically an older person who just wants a
system that works, and their friend/family etc has installed one and it
remains in service.

There were (sometimes) supplied with TV boxes as you say but I rather
doubt this is still the case- Wifi is far more likely these days.

The problem is that wifi is less reliable.

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
....than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman