Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Powerline adaptors.

On 20/07/2019 08:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I know, but gradually if they are outlawed they will eventually die.
The question is which of the vested interests will win the day. The people
wanting to still use hf radio, or the companies who make internet over
power cables devices. Some popular tv boxes now seem to have them built in
which is a little alarming
Brian

Power line adaptors were always a bodge and Wifi soon (largely) replaced
them. Now that Mesh is becoming common place, only a few will remain in
service- probably (and I don't intend this to be pejorative) in
situations where someone, typically an older person who just wants a
system that works, and their friend/family etc has installed one and it
remains in service.

There were (sometimes) supplied with TV boxes as you say but I rather
doubt this is still the case- Wifi is far more likely these days.