Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default prime scam

On 18/07/2019 12:33, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 08:29:57 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

I NEVER spend money to try and save money ...never

I do but only when it actually does. Say £6 off when you spend £40 or
more and the total is £38.67, add £1.50 of polos and £4.50 doesn't
leave my wallet when it otherwise would. B-)

+1
but only when I would normally buy the same goods in smaller quantities
and at a competitive price. I use the Farmfoods who do 10% discount
vouchers if you spend £50, £75 or £100. I'm careful to make sure the
bill comes close to those amounts and if short I buy multiple jars of
(instant) coffee I like which is usually cheaper than the large
supermarkets.

Where I'm visiting soon the local (rural) supermarket always has
10p/litre off on petrol on a £40 spend. There is always something on
offer at competitive prices to increase the spend to £40 such as bog
rolls etc. that will always be used and have no use by date. In this
case there is very little local alternative for obtaining groceries
without traveling another 30 minutes in a car to another store with
similar pricing for both goods and petrol.