Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Accumulation in Bottom of Frigidaire Refrigerator

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 15:52:15 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 12:28:52 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 08:07:23 -0500,
wrote:

SNIP
There is a "contraption" (NO IDEA what it is for) at the top, in the
middle, near the rear wall that might be the source of water getting into the
refrigerator? I had a container under it and some water accumulate
in it. The top shelf was wet before I put the container. However,
there is still a PROBLEM because I still have water at the bottom.

I put a wider container under that "contraption".

I tried to find out via a parts list on the web, what this "contraption"
is used for.

Thanks in advance, John

MORE INFO:

I found a YouTube video of someone modifying a similar "contraption"
to mine that causes water to drip on top shelf. I assume the water on
top shelf in my refrigerator migrates to the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxBwy9DbzZ0

Also, this "contraption" might be an "automatic defrost control"???

Again, Thanks in advance, John

You just need to unclog the drain in the bottom of the freezer. The
water will drip out into the tray under the fridge and be boiled off
by the condenser coils. That is how it works.

I did NOT see a drain in the freezer (after I removed the rack
type drawer).

John

There should be one right at the bottom of that funnel in the bottom
of the freezer. It might be plugged solid with ice and look like it is
solid plastic.