Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How good/bad is powerline networking, especislly with more than two devices?

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 13:01:34 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, 19 July 2019 10:48:04 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
I am investigating my options for getting the LAN to work as well as
poosible around our property.

Solwise do leaky feeder cable where you can put 30 - 50 metres of feeder of coax onto an access point and the whole cable becomes an access point, so you can then use devices so many metres from the cable.

ideal if you have a long narrow house/garden or tunnels

https://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-l...50-12-24ls.htm

That could come in handy but not for my mates (long thin) place (well,
not in the ceiling spaces anyway).

The reason is because most of it seems to be lined with foil backed
plasterboard, hence why we ended up with an AP in each of the main
living spaces.

Cheers, T i m