Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How good/bad is powerline networking, especislly with more than two devices?

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 19:09:23 +0100, Pamela
wrote:

snip

... my powerline adapters are noticeably worse if I plug them
into trailing sockets. I get poorer throughput and more dropouts.

The adapters are by Netgear and the trailing sockets seems reasonable
quality.

If the trailing sockets have any suppression in them I'm not
surprised, even a long lead will make a difference.

So, I typically 're-wire' any installation putting the PL adaptor
straight into the wall socket and anything else (light load) on the
trailing lead.

Many have a utility you can use that actually shows you the
performance so it's easy to experiment / tune for the best results.

Cheers, T i m