Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Powerline adaptors.

Brian Gaff wrote:
I do hope you are nowhere near a radio ham or short wave listener, its open
season on these blights to receiving am from the far distant places. In
theory, they are illegal, but they have tried to get around the regs by
attempting to notch out the ham bands, but other services are beginning to
realise that they are being affected, overseas shortwave broadcasters to
countries who sensor the internet and even aircraft HF and Sea HF radio. The
more we get the more ticking and noise bursts over such a huge bandwidth add
up to create blanketing noise. Its kind of a bit like single use plastic in
that it seems like just a local problem until enough are doing the same
thing.
So beware, plug based internets days will be numbered I fancy.
Brian

The posts that have leaked into this group from UKAR show that the far from
being afforded any consideration
the weirdos who indulge in the hobby of Ham Radio shouldnt be granted any
spectrum at all.

Radio Amateurs performed a service in the earlier days of radio
transmissions in development but I doubt any have come up with a new idea
that can add to knowledge for decades and so are just not important enough
in the greater scheme of things to justify preventing the majority of the
population to use a device that makes implementing communications within
their home easier.
I would take a punt that far more people are now using such devices than
there are Radio Amateurs.
If the Hams start to kick up a fuss who do you think would win, the general
public or those whose behavior on here could be held up as what radio Hams
are really like.

And what power do overseas broadcasters have to stop there use here,and who
cares.
As for HF used for Air and Marine how much of it is going to be emanating
from a plane or vessel that is going to be near enough to a house using
powerline adaptors .
And if the receiving station has got equipment that cannot tune into HF
transmissions well enough that it cannot discriminate between the message
sender and a powerline adapter then it isnt fit enough for purpose
anyway.

Your Days are numbered warning is just wishful thinking.

GH