Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Powerline adaptors.

I do hope you are nowhere near a radio ham or short wave listener, its open
season on these blights to receiving am from the far distant places. In
theory, they are illegal, but they have tried to get around the regs by
attempting to notch out the ham bands, but other services are beginning to
realise that they are being affected, overseas shortwave broadcasters to
countries who sensor the internet and even aircraft HF and Sea HF radio. The
more we get the more ticking and noise bursts over such a huge bandwidth add
up to create blanketing noise. Its kind of a bit like single use plastic in
that it seems like just a local problem until enough are doing the same
thing.
So beware, plug based internets days will be numbered I fancy.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...