Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default 18th Amendment wiring regs.

On Friday, 19 July 2019 11:00:19 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
I suspect rather few homes don't have a TV, PVR, washing machine,
etc at risk from a surge worth more than 5 times the cost of an SPD.
And I was also left wondering how insurance companies would deal with on
a claim for losses due to a power surge if no SPD was fitted post-18th.
Want to see a risk assessment from a pro before paying out?

Unless it's a term of the insurance policy I don't think they could refuse.

The DNOs on the other hand might well limit their payout after a surge to the five times limit on the grounds that anything else is now up to the consumer to protect against.

Owain