Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 18th Amendment wiring regs.

On 18/07/2019 23:29, Tricky Dicky wrote:

I understand that the only changes to the latest 17th amendment CUs
is the addition of SPDs, however I believe there are exceptions to
the rule depending on the type of property and the number of
occupants. So would a two bedroom bungalow with two occupants fall
into the exception category?

For domestic its down to the owner to decide if its worth having.

In the garage I am using PVC trunking to run cables round and to
comply with the latest fire rating requirements I am using some metal
inserts that support the cables. The problem with the cable clips is
that they do not match the trunking perfectly requiring a slight
modification to the trunking to get them to fit. This is dragging out
the job a bit and I am looking into alternatives. What I am looking
for is a recommended spacing within the trunking for whatever type of
fire clips I use, surely it cannot be the same as the recommended
spacing of the old plastic cable clips?

No, you can go wider on the clips. There seems to be no official
guidance, but common sense would suggest at least every 1.5m in general
cases and a bit closer over access routes.

--
Cheers,

John.