Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voltage for USA question

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 01:06:45 +0100, Michael Chare wrote:

On 18/07/2019 22:23, ss wrote:
I will be hopefully visiting America later this year.
I have some electrical items.

The `infamous netbook`, the mains supply transformer states 100 to 240
volts.
The other an electric shaver with no details on it so could be 240v
only.

Should the laptop be ok to be charging over there on 110v.
If shaver is 240 volts only would it run but slower.

Also for charging phones will they charge but at a slower rate.

Things that you connect to the mains almost always show what voltage
they will accept and how much power they may draw, so it is best to look
at each device. In America the frequency is 60 mHz compared to 50 Hz in
Europe.

Not sure it's quite that low! 0.06 Hz?

If you want to know about your electric shaver google or the
manufacturer should know. The USB PSU I have to hand says it would work
with 110v, 60 Hz so would charge at the normal rate.