Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default 18th Amendment wiring regs.

I understand that the only changes to the latest 17th amendment CUs is the addition of SPDs, however I believe there are exceptions to the rule depending on the type of property and the number of occupants. So would a two bedroom bungalow with two occupants fall into the exception category?

In the garage I am using PVC trunking to run cables round and to comply with the latest fire rating requirements I am using some metal inserts that support the cables. The problem with the cable clips is that they do not match the trunking perfectly requiring a slight modification to the trunking to get them to fit. This is dragging out the job a bit and I am looking into alternatives. What I am looking for is a recommended spacing within the trunking for whatever type of fire clips I use, surely it cannot be the same as the recommended spacing of the old plastic cable clips?

Richard