Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Bosch tumble dryer: delay after switching on

Door delay sensor faulty and affected by temperature?
IE I can't do anything just yet I think my door is still open, but its not
of course.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
It's a condenser model, about 10 years old. The fault is that when the
rotating switch is turned from the off position to any of the programs
("very dry", "cupboard dry" etc.), which normally causes an LED to light up
and the machine to be ready for action (pressing the "start" button should
set things in motion), there is a significant delay.

If the machine has been recently in operation, then there is no delay in
lighting the LED when a program is selected. However, if the machine has
been turned off for a few hours or more, then the delay is around 45-60
seconds. To be clear, it isn't an LED fault; the machine will not begin
operating until the LED lights up and there is an audible click (a relay, I
assume) when it does.

My first thoughts are a knackered built-in battery or a dead capacitor. Does
that sound about right? If the machine still works (with a delay) in its
current state, then I'm not sure what function the battery/capacitor is
supposed to have. Maybe power for a memory function in the event of a mains
disruption, to allow the machine to pick up where it left off?

Advice welcome.

Thanks.

Ant.