Dan O.

Default Gibson washer won't drain.

Tibur Waltson wrote

The washing machine circulates but does not drain.
It spins when the basket is full of water. From
poking around I find a loose water level hose. I plug
it back in and now it does not spin.

That should have nothing to do with spinning but may stop the working
of the water level control resulting in not washing. BTW. If you did
that when the tub was full of water, you may have to remove it and
reinstall it once the tub is completely drained before the WLC will
function properly. JFYI

Normally when the motor spins clockwise it's suppose
to drain, but, instead it agitates.

I've never heard of a transmission doing the opposite (I don't even
see how it's possible). Are you sure you don't have your directions
mixed up?

I look around and find a motor ground wire completely
broken. I haven't reattach it yet. I will post the results soon.

A disconnected ground should not stop the motor nor the transmission
from functioning.

Technical stuff: The 1980s Gibson's motor belt drives one
transmission but the motor's shaft drives the pump with no
clutch.

The most important 'technical stuff' you could provide would be the
model number off the machine. You can find tips for locating the model
and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section
of my site linked below.

BTW. I don't think you even mentioned whether it is a top or front
load washer.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com