Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damp!

On 17/07/2019 13:35, Dan Green wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone explain what kind of damp this is and what might be causing
it? There is nothing amiss or damaged on the outside of the building that
could account for it so I'm at a complete loss as to what the underlying
problem could be. Here's a pic:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/1zzgvn4.jpg

Thanks.

It cpould be condenastion. but my gues iss as follows, having had fairly
similar issues.

Somewhere way up in yer cavity wall there is a leak, farily swmall - say
4mm diameter in some nastic etc..or an old TV aeial pulled out - and
water is running down in the cavity until it gets to that window, or te
door, which bridges the cavity ., stops it, and then its running off
the edge and down inisde the cavity by the door frame and pooling at the
bottom.

So look higher - much higher for where the leak is.

I used to get water dripping from my window frame tops onto the cills
from rotten bargeboards a storey above.

Josef Stalin