Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ILEABC

In article ,
wrote:
Hi All,

Back in the olden days (70s, if not 60s).

I THINK The Inner London Education Authority used to ”Transmit• It‘s own
range of programmes to (at least some) London Schools.

Can anyone confirm this? And if so provide more details?
Were the ”transmissions• over leased GPO lines?

Of perhaps I‘ve remembered wrong, and the programmes
Were broadcast on Aunty Beeb.

Yes - they had studios in Battersea. Worked there a few times. An old
school, now housing. Not sure about how they were 'transmitted'. though.

--
*War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.