jeff

Default A/C fan motor capacitors

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
I'm going by what he told me over the phone. A week ago he said the fan
motor was running *really* slow; I told him off-the-top-o-my-head it
sounds like a capacitor run motor, and the cap is shorted out. He took
it apart and the capacitor was bulging on the ends. The took it off and
replaced the the terminals labeled "fan" and "C" with a 7.5uF or 10uF or
somesuch capacitor that he had in his junk box and the fan ran just
fine. He doesn't know what the 35uF side is for, but he wants to
replace the cap with the right one. I have no idea what size A/C unit
this is -- he has one big one (I think it's 18000 BTU with a very high
EER) and a bunch of little 5000 to 7500 BTU units.

Hi,

He doesn't know what the 35uF side is for

One is the UF for the fan motor, the other is the UF for the hermetic compressor.

He took
it apart and the capacitor was bulging on the ends.

Thats a bad one!

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/