Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 'Best' MCB rating for boiler + washing machine?

On 14/07/2019 19:01, Andy Burns wrote:
Mathew Newton wrote:

To clarify this further, the current spur feeds only the boiler but
if I were to move it to its own MCB (turning it into a radial
circuit) it was then that I'd move the adjacent washing machine on to
it also. My thinking was that'd it'd help spread the current between
circuits, and also help keep potentially leaky devices on their own
RCD protection if I opted for an RCBO instead of the MCB.

If I was considering making a circuit into a dedicated RCBO protected
circuit for a boiler, the last thing I'd share the circuit with would be
a device with heating element and water ... well an oven would probably
be the *real* last thing, but you probably wouldn't do that for other
reasons.

I would say an oven it not going to cause any real problem.If the oven
fails and you switch it off at the DP switch.

--
Adam