Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Triton TRC 001 Router

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 00:21:23 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 12:47:00 AM UTC+10, Leon wrote:
11 years ago I bought a Triton 3.5 hp router to hang in my router table.
It has worked flawlessly up until a couple of days ago.

It has variable speed electronic feed back to regulate the speed.
Anyway the router was operating at a lower speed setting and suddenly it
went to full speed. Turning the speed control dial had no immediate
effect but eventually the router went back to the set speed with no
other issues. It has done this every time since that day. I use this
router to spin raised panel bits but do not want the router to go full
speed speed when do int that.

Anyway locating a replacement part is looking difficult.

In the event I have to replace this router, what are y'all using to spin
big bits in a router table.

The Triton has VS, fine and coarse depth control, above the table bit
changes, and plenty of power to spin those large bits. I would like to
have the same features.

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution to your problem?

Looks like this outfit has both the 110 and 220v speed controllers in
stock:
http://www.toolsparesonline.com/category/941-dual-mode-plunge-router-tra001-2400w-330165.aspx

You don't say where you are, so whether they'll ship to you I have no
idea.