Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Too much sport on BBC TV?

Brian Gaff wrote

Yes we have failed to integrate cultures. This is a major issue and why
places like New Malden in Surrey are known as little Korea. You only need
to look at what Brits do when they go overseas. Do they learn the language
and integrate? No they live in little British enclaves.

They don’t do that here, or in the USA or Canada or New Zealand.

Sadly because it seems that some minorities seem to be less employable its
hardly surprising they turn to crime. its a self fulfilling prophesy.

Didn’t happen with the Normans, Italians, Huguenots or jews etc in the UK.

If you come from a place where you are treated as ****, you behave
accordingly if you see no difference in the new country.

Didn’t happen with the Scots post Culloden.

I have met a lot of people with various ethnic origins who have integrated
and do not behave like these people do. Quite how you solve it now is hard
to say.

Impossible, actually.

Most of the people are second generation and were born here into the
culture of the enclave, not the British culture.

That happened here with the Irish, but they did eventually manage
to do quite well, even managing to end up as the equivalent of the
governor of the bank of england with one of them.

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 15/07/2019 08:06, Broadback wrote:
I think so, but there I am not a sport enthusiast. Having ignored reams
of sport reporting on breakfast TV I settled down to watch a report
about knife crimes interviewing the Mayor of London, then to towards the
end they started to talk about sport with him! Perhaps there should be a
sport channel, after all they have done it for the children's
programmes.

More to the point I didn't hear a mention of the fact that knife crime is
mostly done by gangs of black youths. Someone said to me in the pub the
other night, "Import the Third World and you get Third World behaviour."
That's how many people view it. Why not bring that aspect of it out into
the open? It won't go away by pretending it isn't happening.

Bill