Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Raised patio - solid or deck on legs?

But of course nobody really bothers. You only need to look at the back of a
few houses in this road, and most of them had it done with no planning
application. Some of the issues created for the neighbours has caused
friction and flooding though so one has to be mindful of removing current
drainage situations or indeed building walls between properties with hole in
them for the water to flood next door!

It never ceases to amaze me the messes people get themselves in over a
stretch of concrete or paving.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Green" wrote in message
Bert Coules wrote:
I'm thinking of building a rear-garden patio raised to the level of the
interior floors, the idea being to be able to walk though the patio doors
with no step down. The height above the existing ground level would be
almost exactly 24 inches.

Note that this will need planning permission, anything over 300mm does.

--
Chris Green
·