Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Dead GFCI outlet

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 23:28:08 -0400, micky
wrote:

This is one of the two GFCIs in the kitchen. The other one is working fine. GFCI that is dead is on a separate breaker which I have isolated. GFCI is protecting four other outlets. And they are all dead.

So it's the breaker, not the outlets.

I didn't read the above line closely, and my conclusion was unwarranted
by the statement above. However there are still lots of tests described
already to narrow down the problem and I doubt it's in the walls.

After 5 minutes, his next step should not have been to open the walls
like he claimed.

I opened up all 4 outlets and pretty much checked each of them for loose wire/ connections etc and they all seem to be fine.