Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Raised patio - solid or deck on legs?

On 14/07/2019 17:36, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Decking will probably the least problematic regards the CPC and blocking the air vents. If as you seem to prefer something solid then why not combine the two by building your patio separate from the house thus leaving an air gap which could be bridged with a short section of decking.

Strictly speaking any deck higher than 300mm above ground level needs planning permission and I also think building control approval.

The regs refer to "Putting up decking, or other raised platforms." I can
see that covering raised decking or a retaining wall, infilled and
covered, but do generally raising the ground level, with no retaining
walls and putting a patio on it count as a raised platform? It probably
does, but I don't know.

SteveW