Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dead GFCI outlet

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 02:14:37 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a dead GFCI outlet. Called electrician. Assessment lose connection or broken wire somewhere between breaker box and GFCI outlet. Since this outlet is in kitchen and wires are running behind tile wall I dont want to damage the tiling. What should be the step by step process to find where the fault is in path from Breaker to

GFCI?

How old is the house? Before the 70s they would sometimes have other
loads on the kitchen circuits. Trader is right, look for any other
load on that circuit that either works with the breaker on, not off or
that is dead. Look in that box for a bad connection. Other than that
it might be easier to fish in a new wire.